Re: BUG #6170: hot standby wedging on full-WAL disk

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #6170: hot standby wedging on full-WAL disk
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:57 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> So the problem is that walreceiver merrily writes so much future WAL that it
> runs out of disk space? A limit on the maximum number of future WAL files to
> stream ahead would fix that, but I can't get very excited about it. Usually
> you do want to stream as much ahead as you can, to ensure that the WAL is
> safely on disk on the standby, in case the master dies. So the limit would
> need to be configurable.

It seems like perhaps what we really need is a way to make replaying
WAL (and getting rid of now-unneeded segments) to take priority over
getting new ones.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company