Re: [HACKERS] gitlab post-mortem: pg_basebackup waiting for checkpoint

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] gitlab post-mortem: pg_basebackup waiting for checkpoint
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] gitlab post-mortem: pg_basebackup waiting forcheckpoint
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I'd rather have a --quiet mode instead.  If you're running it by hand,
> you're likely to omit the switch, whereas when writing the cron job
> you're going to notice lack of switch even before you let the job run
> once.

Well, that might've been a better way to design it, but changing it
now would break backward compatibility and I'm not really sure that's
a good idea.  Even if it is, it's a separate concern from whether or
not in the less-quiet mode we should point out that we're waiting for
a checkpoint on the server side.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company