Re: Partition Check not updated when insert into a partition

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Partition Check not updated when insert into a partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Pavel,

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/sql-altertable.html:

> > If CONCURRENTLY is specified, ... the second transaction acquires SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE on the partitioned table
andACCESS EXCLUSIVE on the partition, and the detach process completes.

> In comment to find_all_inheritors():
>
> > The specified lock type is acquired on all child relations (but not on the given rel; caller should already have
lockedit)

> So I conclude that it is done in a right way in v3 with ACCESS_EXCLUSIVE lock.

Oops, you're right.  I had failed to notice when reading the code that
the second transaction takes an AccessExclusiveLock on the target
partition.  Reverted back to how this was in v3.

> Also I'd recommend removing the link to a discussion from the test. Anyway we have link in a commit message.
> -- Report: https://postgr.es/m/OS3PR01MB5718DA1C4609A25186D1FBF194089%40OS3PR01MB5718.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

Yeah, maybe the link is unnecessary in the test comment, so removed.
Though, I do occasionally see one of those in the test files (try `git
grep https src/test`).

Thanks again.

--
Amit Langote