Re: CoC [Final v2]

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: CoC [Final v2]
Дата
Re: CoC [Final v2]  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 24, 2016, at 2:34 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> O.k. now I am starting to see your point. For example:

o_O

> Pg person A is harassing person B in the Rails community.
>
> How do we deal with that?
>
> 1. If person B is not in the Pg community then it is up to the Rails community to deal with it.
>
> 2. If person B is in the Pg community they can request help.
>
> I am open to wording on #2. I tried a couple of times but had trouble not making it a larger declaration that I think
itneeds to be.

How do you define “in the Pg community”? Is it someone who has posted to a known forum at least once? Someone who has
beento a conference? What if they have never participated in a community forum, but use PostgreSQL at work? Maybe they
wouldeventually submit a bug report or ask a question. How do you gauge that?

Me, I don’t think you can. If someone reports abusive behavior by a member of the Pg community, it should not matter
whetheror not the person doing the reporting is a member of the community, only that the reported abuser is.

Best,

David

Вложения