Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 19, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> I think warnings are too easy to miss, but I agree your other
> suggestion.  I know you can write function_name.variable_name, but
> that's often massively long-winded.  We either need a short, fixed
> prefix, or some kind of sigil.  I previously suggested ? to parallel
> ECPG, but Tom didn't like it.  I still do.  :-)

I suppose that $ would interfere with dollar quoting. What about @ or
@@ (sorry, I did mess with MSSQL back in the 90s).

Hrm…PostgreSQL is starting to have the same problem as Perl: running
out of characters because they're used for operators. :var would be
perfect, if it wasn't for psql. ?var is okay, I guess, if a bit…
questionable. Are {braces} used for anything?

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution
Сообщение: Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution