Re: BUG #5674: initdb failed if path contains symlink

От Itagaki Takahiro
Тема Re: BUG #5674: initdb failed if path contains symlink
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>> But how likely is that to bite us elsewhere then?

Initdb works well if the link is a junction (mklink /J).
We use junctions for tablespaces, but don't use symbolic links.
So, there are no problems unless users create symlinks by themselves.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think this is a Microsoft bug and it's their problem to fix, not ours.

OK, but bad news is that the bug is in VC 2008, but they have not
fixed it even in VC 2010. I'm not sure they will fix it in the future...

--
Itagaki Takahiro