Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If possible, I think we should try to engineer things so that using
> pg_dump 8.5 on an 8.4 database and restoring the result into an 8.5
> database produces a function with identical semantics.

Hmm ... actually, we could have pg_dump stick either a #option line
or a GUC SET parameter onto every plpgsql function it pulls from an
old database.  So if you're willing to assume that people do their
upgrades that way, it could be made reasonably safe, even if the
default behavior changes.