Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 17 May 2024, at 15:05, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 9:02 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>> We already have the annotations feature, which is kind of this.
>
> I didn't realize we had that feature. When was it added, and how is it
> supposed to be used?

A while back.

commit 27cba025a501c9dbcfb08da0c4db95dc6111d647
Author: Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
Date:   Sat Feb 14 13:07:48 2015 +0100

    Implement simple message annotations

    This feature makes it possible to "pull in" a message in a thread and highlight
    it with an annotation (free text format). This will list the message in a table
    along with the annotation and who made it.

    Annotations have to be attached to a specific message - for a "generic" one it
    makes sense to attach it to the latest message available, as that will put it
    at the correct place in time.

Magnus' commitmessage explains it well.  The way I've used it (albeit
infrequently) is to point to a specific mail in the thread where a significant
change was proposed, like the patch changhing direction or something similar.

--
Daniel Gustafsson