Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Alena Rybakina
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25.11.2023 04:13, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
It seems to me there is a confusion.  I didn't mean we need to move
conversion of OR-expressions to ANY into choose_bitmap_and() function
or anything like this.  My idea was to avoid degradation of plans,
which I've seen in [1].  Current code for generation of bitmap paths
considers the possibility to split OR-expressions into distinct bitmap
index scans.  But it doesn't consider this possibility for
ANY-expressions.  So, my idea was to enhance our bitmap scan
generation to consider split values of ANY-expressions into distinct
bitmap index scans.  So, in the example [1] and similar queries
conversion of OR-expressions to ANY wouldn't affect the generation of
bitmap paths.
Thanks for the explanation, yes, I did not understand the idea correctly at first. I will try to implement something similar.
--
Regards,
Alena Rybakina