Re: Disk corruption detection

От Florian Weimer
Тема Re: Disk corruption detection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Lincoln Yeoh:

> At 07:42 PM 6/11/2006 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>
>>We recently had a partially failed disk in a RAID-1 configuration
>>which did not perform a write operation as requested.  Consequently,
>
> What RAID1 config/hardware/software was this?

I would expect that any RAID-1 controller works in this mode by
default.  It's an analogy to RAID-5: In that case, you clearly can't
verify the parity bits on read for performance reasons.  So why do it
for RAID-1?

(If there is a controller which offers compare-on-read for RAID-1, I
would like to know it's name. 8-)