Re: Postgresql replication

От Welty, Richard
Тема Re: Postgresql replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Carlos Henrique Reimer  wrote:

> I read some documents about replication and realized
>  that if you plan on using asynchronous replication, your
>  application should be designed from the outset with that
>  in mind because asynchronous replication is not something
>  that can be easily “added on” after the fact.

> Am I right?

certainly, if your goal is a pgreplicator style multi-master async, this
is correct, as you have to make decisions about the direction of
data flow, id generation, and conflict resolution up front.

if you want slony-I style single master/multi slave, you don't have to
do so much advance thinking as records are only being inserted into
the system on the single master.

richard