Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch
Дата
Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch
Список pgsql-general
"Henry C." <henka@cityweb.co.za> writes:
> 2.  My 9.0 (old) db is using encoding/Collation/Ctype:
> SQL_ASCII/POSIX/POSIX, and for the life of me I cannot initdb the new
> (9.2) data/ folder to the same to ensure pg_upgrade works (currently keep
> getting "old and new cluster lc_collate values do not match" error).

"C" is the official name of that locale.  Not sure how you got it to say
"POSIX" ... maybe we didn't have normalization of the locale name back
then?

Anyway, simplest fix seems to be to update the 9.0 installation's
pg_database to say "C" in those entries.

Сообщение: Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch
Сообщение: Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch