Re: Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86)

От Wolfgang Rißler
Тема Re: Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 30.04.2021 um 13:41 schrieb Laurenz Albe:
 > Please reply to the list> Sorry my mistake, I fixed this.

 > On Fri, 2021-04-30 at 13:20 +0200, Wolfgang Rißler wrote:
 >> Thanks for answering, but
 >> I didn't ask for a PostgreSQL client. I asked for the c-language-lib
 >> libpq. (which is maybe used by some clients).
 >
 > That *is* a client (in my book).
Ok, I agree. Sorry for admonition.

 >> I would use the latest libpq, but I cant, because our c++-project stucks
 >> in 32bit architecture. The latest 32bit pqlib is that from v10.
 >
 > You can build libpq on a 32-bit system.  No problem.
Yes it is: I'm missing the experience. Until now I took the libpq from
the actual WindowsInstaller-installation from EDB. But they dont provide
32bit anymore. PG10 ist the last one.
Compiling a libpqxx on this base with VisualStudio and CMake works like
a charm.
Can you give a hint, how to build a pqlib v13 x86 in windows with VS?

 >> Can I access a PostgreSQL v13 Database with this pqlib safely?
 >
 > Yes.
This makes me happy.
Thank you.

[snip]

--

- may the source be with you -

От: Wolfgang Rißler
Сообщение: Re: Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Access a newer Version of PGDB (v13) with an older libpq (v10 x86)