Re: slony question

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: slony question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
joshques@gmail.com ("Josh Harrison") writes:
> Does slony support postgres major version upgrade ? ie., will it
> replicate between different major versions?

Yes, that's one of the major "use cases" for Slony-I.

Version 1.0 and 1.1 support (loosely) from PostgreSQL 7.3 to 8.1-ish.

Version 1.2 dropped 7.3 support, but supports up to (just about;
there's a patch not in a 1.2 release that is needed for late-breaking
8.3 changes) 8.3.

You may have to be careful about which version of Slony-I you select
if you have a really old PG database.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'acm.org';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lisp.html

Сообщение: Re: Script to reset all sequence values in the a given DB?
Сообщение: Re: Script to reset all sequence values in the a given DB?