Re: somebody could explain this?

От Otto Hirr
Тема Re: somebody could explain this?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What's happening here is that the multiplication, being
> floating point,
> has some accumulated error such that when you multiply it by 100 and
> convert it to an int, it hits the cutoff.

Trivia...
I heard a story many years ago that landed a programmer in prison...
He worked on the program that calculated interest that was to be
deposited into an account. Instead of rounding or truncating the
amount beyond what the bank wanted to use, he saved the small fractional
dollars (really micro-pennies) into an account. Soon he had several
hundred thousand in the account - there is a lot of multiplication...
He got caught.