ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255)

От Doug Fields
Тема ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello again,

In PG 7.1.3, ISTR I used to be able to submit any length I wished for a
VARCHAR (and maybe a CHAR).

Now, I'm at 7.2.1 and get these errors:

ERROR:  value too long for type character varying(255)

as JDBC Exceptions.

Do you know how I can tell it to "silently truncate" the data as I believe
it used to?

Many thanks,

Doug

PS: This group is great, and some of you (you know who you are) are amazing.