Re: HOWTO - Random character generation for primary key

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: HOWTO - Random character generation for primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
What are you trying to achieve? There doesn't seem to be enough information
to help you properly.

a) What do your 10 character keys look like? visible ASCII? legal Base64
charset?
b) How were they generated previously?
c) Why do you think they need to look that way?
d) Can you really change your app to use ints?

Regards,
Link.