Re: 9.1.2 ?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: 9.1.2 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/08/2011 07:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> I don't recall that we've fixed anything since September that seemed to
> warrant an immediate release.

The backup+pg_clog failure issues fixed last week have been a nasty
problem hitting people for a while.  Backup corruption is obviously
serious.  Only reason I think it wasn't a higher priority issue is that
it didn't happen every time, and the people impacted were eventually
able to work around it.  Concern about that problem is why I popped off
a message earlier today, about whether the fixes committed have been
confirmed outside of Simon's own testing.

I was curious how 9.0 fared last year for comparison, here's that data:

Version Date      Days  Weeks
9.0.0    09/20/10
9.0.1    10/04/10    14    2.0
9.0.2    12/16/10    73    10.4
9.0.3    01/31/11    46    6.6
9.0.4    04/18/11    77    11.0
9.0.5    09/26/11    161   23.0

So the average for the first three point releases was around 6 weeks apart.