Re: pgbench not setting scale size correctly?

От Justin
Тема Re: pgbench not setting scale size correctly?
Дата
Re: pgbench not setting scale size correctly?
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
Yeah, -s is only meaningful when given with -i.  Maybe someday we ought
to fix pgbench to complain if you try to set it at other times.

You have to pass -s in to the actual run if you're specifying your own
custom script(s) using -f and you want the :scale variable to be defined.
Right, I knew that at one time ;-)

The way the option parsing code is done would make complaining in the case
where your parameter is ignored a bit of a contortion.  The part that
detects based on the database is after all the other parsing because the
connection has to be brought up first.
Yeah.  But couldn't we have that part issue a warning if -s had been set
on the command line?
		regards, tom lane

I was wondering why the -s would  not rescale the data?

IMHO a warning would be fine