Re: [GENERAL] Case sensitivity

От Charles Tassell
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Case sensitivity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just a suggestion, but if you have or are a C programmer, you could edit
the part of Postgres that receives queries to convert everything it
receives to lower case.  Might slow things down a bit, but it should solve
your problem.  Alternatively, you could do the same thing to the ODBC
driver, which might be a bit easier and have less of a performance impact.

At 02:04 PM 9/20/99, Dana Powers wrote:

>> > The problem is, if you create a table without "", the table name
>> > defaults to lower case, and all non ""ed references to the table also
>> > default to all lower case but if you create a table with ""s you cannot
>> > access it unless you specify all references to it also in ""s. My
>> > question is, is there anyway to nullify the "" behavior and set all
>> > tables to lowercase?
>>
>> So you are creating with quotes, but want to access it without quotes?
>> Can't do that.  Why not just remove the quotes from the queries?  I
>> suppose you could hack out the quote stuff to force everything to
>> lowercase, even if it has quotes.
>>
>Problem is, I don't have control over the client queries. Third party
>closed source contact manager. So I guess I'll try to hack something
>together. Thanks Bruce
>Dana

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] getting the value from nextval('sequencename')
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] getting the value from nextval('sequencename')