Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: 2024-05-09 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/8/24 5:44 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2024 at 04:17, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> * Fix how
>> [`INSERT`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-insert.html)
>> handles multiple
>> [`VALUES`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-values.html) rows
>> into a target column that is a domain over an array or composite type.
>
> Maybe it's only me who thinks the double plural of "VALUES rows" is
> hard to parse. If that's the case I'll just drop this as it's not that
> important.
>
> FWIW, I'd probably write:
>
> * Fix issue with
> [`INSERT`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-insert.html)
> with a multi-row
> [`VALUES`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-values.html) clause
> where a target column is a domain over an array or composite type.

I like your wording, and went with that.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Revert: Remove useless self-joins *and* -DREALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS make server crash, regress test fail.
Сообщение: Re: Revert: Remove useless self-joins *and* -DREALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS make server crash, regress test fail.