Re: Locale Issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Locale Issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Don Parris <parrisdc@gmail.com> writes:
> When I install the Kubuntu (13.04) postgresql (9.1) packages, the default
> template1 encoding turns out to be ASCII, which is not really what I want.
> My OS locale command reveals everything to be en_US.UTF-8, except for
> LC_ALL, which is left open.

initdb will absorb locale/encoding from its environment, unless told
otherwise through a --locale switch.  So the usual expectation would be
that it'd work like you want.  Perhaps the Ubuntu packager set LANG=C in
the postgres user's ~/.profile, or some such?  Poke around a bit in the
package's files, it shouldn't be too hard to find where the damage is
being done.