Re: Bind Parameter is Too Big

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Bind Parameter is Too Big
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/1/22 1:34 PM, Kluzak, Matthew C. wrote:
> I support a system where staff use a PowerBuilder 2019R3 app that enters
> data into a Postgres 12 database, generates SQL statements for the data
> and saves them as text files. Staff uses another PB2019R3 app to
> populate a Sybase ASE 15.7 database with the generated SQL statement
> files. Other staff then uses a PB2019R3 app to pipe the data to a master
> Sybase ASE 15.7 database. At the beginning of each week that data is
> piped via PB2019R3 app to another Sybase ASE 15.7 database. The
> inspectors then update their Postgres database with all inspectors' data
> via another PB2019R3 app that pipes the data from Sybase to Postgres.
>
>   * Yes, I understand how absurd the system is. I just inherited it and
>     am supporting it until we can replace it.

The .gov domain was explanation enough.

> However, when trying to pipe the data from Sybase to Postgres
> I get the error "Bind Parameter for value :9 is Too Big (2000)." The
> comment column is the 9th column.
>
> I checked the data and verified it isn't over the 1000 character limit.
> I tried deleting out 13 of the 1000 characters, and the error this time
> was "Bind Parameter for value :9 is Too Big (1976)."

What is the actual code that pipes the data?

What is the encoding/character set in Sybase vs Postgres?

> Via Appeon’s support forums I worked out getting the pipe to work in the
> PowerBuilder IDE by enabling staticbind and disablebind. In this view, I
> can get a connection string to use in the app’s configuration file.
> However, using this connection string in the app’s configuration file
> still doesn’t work when running the pipe in the app.
>
> Connection string is:

DBParm=ConnectString='DSN=WM_LT_User;UID=user;PWD=password',PBCatalogOwner='user',DelimitIdentifier='Yes',DisableBind=1

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Kluzak, Matthew C."
Сообщение: Bind Parameter is Too Big
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Bind Parameter is Too Big