Re: [HACKERS] Ordering of pg_dump output

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Ordering of pg_dump output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 02:01 PM 2/8/00 -0500, Mark Hollomon wrote:
>Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> The simplest real solution I've heard so far is to dump database objects
>> in order by OID rather than doing it strictly by type.
>>
>> Is anyone working on this, or does anyone want to?  I haven't looked at
>> pg_dump in a while, but I know some other folks have been hacking it
>> recently.
>
>I'll take a stab at it, if Peter E. isn't already doing it.

You might want to e-mail Jan and/or Steve Szabo, who've been working
on dumping referential integrity stuff.  Because tables can mutally
refer to each other, constraint dumping won't be done until data is
dumped, so the data will be loaded first when someone recreates the
database from the dump.

I was busy over the weekend working the MATCH <unspecified> and the
semantics of referential integrity actions so mostly ignored the
e-mails they traded on the subject - you'll need to get details
from them.

You need to make sure whatever you do doesn't break whatever they've
done or are doing...

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Ordering of pg_dump output
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Ordering of pg_dump output