Re: Number of attributes in HeapTupleHeader

От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: Number of attributes in HeapTupleHeader
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 5 May 2002 18:07:27 -0400, Neil Conway
<nconway@klamath.dyndns.org> wrote:
>See AlterTableAddColumn() in commands/tablecmds.c
Thanks.  Sounds obvious.  Should have looked before asking...
This doesn't look too promising:* Implementation restrictions: because we don't touch the table rows,
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^* the new column values will initially appear to be NULLs.  (This*
happensbecause the heap tuple access routines always check for* attnum > # of attributes in tuple, and return NULL if
so.) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Scratching my head and pondering on ...
I'll be back :-)

>I'd definately be interested -- let me know if you'd like any help...
Well, currently I'm in the process of making myself familiar with the
code.  That mainly takes hours of reading and searching.  Anyway,
thanks;  I'll post here, if I have questions.

ServusManfred

От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: Number of attributes in HeapTupleHeader
От: "Hiroshi Inoue"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Using views and MS access via odbc