Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution

От Eric B. Ridge
Тема Re: Controlling changes in plpgsql variable resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 19, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> 1. Invent a GUC that has the settings backwards-compatible,
> oracle-compatible, throw-error (exact spellings TBD).  Factory
> default,
> at least for a few releases, will be throw-error.

Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, but *when* will the error
throw?  During CREATE FUNCTION or during runtime?  I'm secretly hoping
that it'll throw during CREATE FUNCTION.  I'd rather have my entire
schema creation transaction abort so I can fix the problems up-front,
rather than at "random" while the application is running.

eric