Re: How to cripple a postgres server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to cripple a postgres server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stephen Robert Norris <srn@commsecure.com.au> writes:
> On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 12:44, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm, you mean if the 800 other connections are *not* idle, you can
>> do VACUUMs with impunity?  If so, I'd agree we got a bug ...

> Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Fascinating.

> I suspect the comment near the async_notify code explains the problem -
> where it talks about idle backends having to be woken up to clear out
> pending events...

Well, we need to do that, but your report seems to suggest that that
code path isn't getting the job done completely --- my first guess is
that a new normal query has to arrive before a SIGUSR2'd backend is
completely happy again.  Interesting.

You didn't specify: what PG version are you running, and on what
platform?

Сообщение: Re: How to cripple a postgres server
Сообщение: Re: How to cripple a postgres server