Re: slow query

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: slow query
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man@yahoo.com> writes:
> Just switched an application from Oracle to PostgreSQL
> recently.  I am experiencing a strange problem:
> whenever I execute a relatively heavy query
> in PostgreSQL, it just hangs.

You are going to get no useful answers since you have provided no useful
details.

Useful details would include: the exact query, the schemas of the tables
it uses, and EXPLAIN (or better, in 7.2, EXPLAIN ANALYZE) output for it.

BTW, an easy way to get the schema info is "pg_dump -s" and then trim
the script to just the relevant tables and their indexes.  This is
better than \d output since anyone who's interested in trying to
reproduce the problem can just cut-and-paste the commands into psql...