Re: Automatic code conversion between UNICODE and other encodings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Automatic code conversion between UNICODE and other encodings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> P.S. I have used bsearch() to search code spaces. Is bsearch() is
> portable enough?

According to my references, bsearch() was originally a SysV localism
but is a required library function in ANSI C.  So in theory it should
be portable enough ... but I notice we have implementations in
backend/ports for strtol() and strtoul() which are also required by
ANSI C, so apparently some people are or were running Postgres on
machines that are a few bricks shy of a full ANSI library.

I suggest waiting to see if anyone complains.  If so, we should be
able to write up a substitute bsearch() and add it to ports/.