Re: buglet in 7.1.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: buglet in 7.1.4
Дата
Re: buglet in 7.1.4  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> BTW, I can't really see the harm in putting out 7.1.x and 7.2.x
> releases to fix compilation issues on modern systems.

The "harm" is the developer time spent on doing so.  Releasing back
versions takes nontrivial effort (witness what it took to get 7.3.6
out the door :-().

Also, quite frankly, I don't want to encourage people to keep using
such old releases.  If they are installing on a new machine they should
update to something newer and less buggy.