Re: BitmapHeapScan streaming read user and prelim refactoring

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BitmapHeapScan streaming read user and prelim refactoring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-May-14, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> BTW, I was running the explain while desultorily enabling and disabling
> these GUCs and hit this assertion failure:
>
> #4  0x000055e6c72afe28 in ExceptionalCondition (conditionName=conditionName@entry=0x55e6c731a928
"scan->rs_empty_tuples_pending== 0",

"../../../../../../../../../pgsql/source/master/src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c",lineNumber=lineNumber@entry=1219)

>     at ../../../../../../../../../pgsql/source/master/src/backend/utils/error/assert.c:66

Ah, I see now that this is precisely the assertion that this patch
removes.  Nevermind ...

"This is what I like so much about PostgreSQL.  Most of the surprises
are of the "oh wow!  That's cool" Not the "oh shit!" kind.  :)"
Scott Marlowe, http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2008-10/msg00152.php