Re: WAL record CRC calculated incorrectly because of underlying buffer modification

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: WAL record CRC calculated incorrectly because of underlying buffer modification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-05-10 16:00:01 +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> and discovered that XLogRecordAssemble() calculates CRC over a buffer,
> that might be modified by another process.

If, with "might", you mean that it's legitimate for that buffer to be
modified, I don't think so.  The bug is that something is modifying the buffer
despite it being exclusively locked.

I.e. what we likely have here is a bug somewhere in the hash index code.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Fix parallel vacuum buffer usage reporting
Сообщение: Re: Fix parallel vacuum buffer usage reporting