Re: add --no-sync to pg_upgrade's calls to pg_dump and pg_dumpall

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: add --no-sync to pg_upgrade's calls to pg_dump and pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 09, 2024 at 09:03:56AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> +1.  Could there be an argument in favor of a backpatch?  This is a
> performance improvement, but one could also side that the addition of
> sync support in pg_dump[all] has made that a regression that we'd
> better fix because the flushes don't matter in this context.  They
> also bring costs for no gain.

I don't see a strong need to back-patch this, if for no other reason than
it seems to have gone unnoticed for 7 major versions.  Plus, based on my
admittedly limited testing, this is unlikely to provide significant
improvements.

--
Nathan Bossart