Re: archive modules

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: archive modules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-07, talk to ben wrote:

> The modified archive module parameters are visible in pg_file_settings.
> They don't show up in \dconfig+, which I understand given the query used by
> the meta command, but I find a little confusing from an end user POV.

Well, this does sound unsatisfactory.  I suppose one answer would be to
load the module in all backends, in case the user wants to look at the
value.  But that would be wasteful.  Maybe we should have a warning
about it in the docs -- tell people to LOAD the library if they want to
examine the configuration?