Re: pgsql: In v11, disable JIT by default (it's still enabled bydefault in

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql: In v11, disable JIT by default (it's still enabled bydefault in
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 09:24:46PM +0000, Tom Lane wrote:
> In v11, disable JIT by default (it's still enabled by default in HEAD).
>
> Per discussion, JIT isn't quite mature enough to ship enabled-by-default.
>
> I failed to resist the temptation to do a bunch of copy-editing on the
> related documentation.  Also, clean up some inconsistencies in which
> section of config.sgml the JIT GUCs are documented in vs. what guc.c
> and postgresql.config.sample had.
>
> Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20180914222657.mw25esrzbcnu6qlu@alap3.anarazel.de

It is good you mentioned something about this in the master branch so we
can make sure to mention jit as enabled by default in PG 12.  We missed
that announcement for parallalism in PG 10 because of the lack of a
commit.