Re: Collation problem?

От Bjørn T Johansen
Тема Re: Collation problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:59:10 +0200
Bjørn T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:31:37 +0200
> "Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth" <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> wrote:

> > Am 26.04.2015 um 10:02 schrieb Bjørn T Johansen:
> > > My databases looks like this...:
> > >

> > > List of databases Name     |    Owner     | Encoding |   Collate
> > > --------------+--------------+----------+-------------+-------------+-
> > - ----------------------
> > >

> > dbname | owner        | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
> > >

> > > And my problem is that I am using Norwegian in some tables and when
> > > using order by the sort order is not correct for the Norwegian
> > > letters.. So my guestion is if it is possible to get the correct
> > > sort order without recreating all my databases or initialize
> > > PGSQL?
> > >
> > Sure (i.e., if you're on a half recent version):

> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/sql-altertable.html
> >

> Yes, I am using 9.4.x so I will check this out... Thx... :)
>
> BTJ

Ok, tried to run:

alter table medlem alter column fornavn varchar(50) collate nb_NO.utf8

But I just get:

 [Error Code: 0, SQL State: 42601]  ERROR: syntax error at or near "varchar"
(tried without the varchar also..)

Also tried running:

select fornavn from medlem order by fornavn collate nb_NO

Then I get:

ERROR: collation "nb_no" for encoding "UTF8" does not exist

Do I need to add some collation to the database or?

BTJ