Re: Database OID xxxxx now seems to belong to "foo"

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Database OID xxxxx now seems to belong to "foo"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> I'm running 8.2.0 on Linux.

You should be running 8.2.6.

> The postgres.conf has...
>
>    #autovacuum = off
>
> (commented out) which lead me to believe that by default, it's on.  And
> I'm assuming that it's vacumming the system tables.  Are these
> assumptions right?

It's not turned on by default (and it's not on 8.2), so it's probably
not vacuuming anything.  On 8.2 there are enough protections that this
shouldn't be the actual problem though -- as soon as you get anywhere
near a failure, the system shuts itself down (but autovac gets a chance
to fix the problem for you before that happens, even if it's turned
off).

Perhaps it's a bug fixed between 8.2.0 and 8.2.6 (which is why you
should upgrade), but perhaps it hasn't been discovered yet.  So please
upgrade and let us know if you can reproduce it on 8.2.6.