Re: hibernate + postgresql ?

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: hibernate + postgresql ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 1 December 2007 David Fetter's cat, walking on the keyboard,
wrote:
> You'd only think so if you hadn't actually seen these things in
> action.  They save no time because of the silly, unreasonable
> assumptions underlying them, which in turn cause people to do silly,
> unreasonable things in order to make them "work."

I guess this is a problem you can have with all the middlewares, since they
can improve things putting on abstractions, but when they start doing things
in a way that is not tied to the lower level they must be general and start
imposing a methodology rather than a technology. By the way, is there
something in particular you are talking about?

> You'll wind up writing each SQL statement anyway, so just start out
> with that rather than imagining that a piece of software can pick the
> appropriate level of abstraction and then finding out that it can't. :)

Uhm...even if you write the SQL statements by hand you will end up (probabily)
writing your own piece of software that gives you any kind of abstraction, so
there's a risk you can find it inadeguate too later in the development
process. By the way I don't still understand if you find them inadeguate
because you'll write SQL statements to keep performances, data integrity,
both.....

Luca