Tips needed for contrib doc

От Albert Cervera i Areny
Тема Tips needed for contrib doc
Дата
Re: Tips needed for contrib doc
Список pgsql-docs
Hi,
    I wanted to spend a week or so putting the contrib doc into shape so I want
to start by moving the contrib part from a new appendix to the Reference
part.
    The problems I find are:
    - I can't make this "contrib" doc a part because Reference already is a part
and can't be nested.
    Structure:
    <part id="reference">
        <part id="contrib">

    - If I make the contrib doc a chapter in the index shows with an arabic
number not as a roman one.
    Structure:
    <part id="reference">
        <chapter id="contrib">

    - I can't make the doc a <reference> because first I need to point to the
modules and not all of them are documented like a reference.
    Structure:
    <part id="reference">
        <reference id="contrib">

    - If I leave it as it is now [1] the problem is that very small chapters just
don't look right IMHO. Take a look at [2], for example. It should be a module
per page in most cases except very long ones.
    Structure:
    <part id="contrib">
        <chapter id="adminpack">

Does anyone have a solution on this? I'm no docbook expert, so I might be very
wrong.

[1] You can find the current state at
http://www.nan-tic.com/ftp/pgdoc-0.0.2/index.html
[2] http://www.nan-tic.com/ftp/pgdoc-0.0.2/adminpack.html