Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On 2/28/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Am am not comfortable starting and having something fail later.
>
> Then do you have some other idea for protecting pages from being torn
> without storing an entire backup copy or performing a block-level
> consistency check?

We have several methods suggested to check the blocks, like CRC.  My
point was that, whatever check method we use, we should be prepared to
check on startup, or at least make it the default for a crash restart.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com