Re: [Testperf-general] Re: ExclusiveLock

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [Testperf-general] Re: ExclusiveLock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon, Tom,

> The main problem on INSERTs is that it is usually the same few pages:
> the lead data block and the lead index block. There are ways of
> spreading the load out across an index, but I'm not sure what happens on
> the leading edge of the data relation, but I think it hits the same
> block each time.

I actually have several test cases for this, can you give me a trace or
profile suggestion that would show if this is happening?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: [Testperf-general] Re: ExclusiveLock
Сообщение: Re: [Testperf-general] Re: ExclusiveLock