Re: Make psql version aware; hide tablespace from older versions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Make psql version aware; hide tablespace from older versions
Дата
Re: Make psql version aware; hide tablespace from older versions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
It's nice, but currently there are a lot of ways in which psql is broken
regarding older server versions.  We should be caring about all of them
(ideal), or about none (the current situation).

There have been proposals in the past about making that happen.  You
could investigate that (please do -- I'd love to have a cross-version
psql, in the same way we have a cross-version compatible pg_dump).  The
way of your patch is certain to lead into a mantainance nightmare :-(

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 10:20:19PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> +     if (pset.version < 700500000) {
> +             fprintf(stderr, _("This server version (%d) does not support tablespaces.\n"),

<Schwern> It does it in a really, really complicated way
<crab> why does it need to be complicated?
<Schwern> Because it's MakeMaker.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UNICODE characters above 0x10000