Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> On investigation, I can't find any sign that my Linux box does
> anything with library minor version numbers either.  That seems to
> mean that we should be bumping the major version for every release
> (unless we made no externally visible changes at all, not even
> upward-compatible additions).  Ugh.

No we don't, because we set the rpath and our installation routines take
care that in the target directory the libfoo.so.X is in fact the latest
library.  The only problem that make check has is that it bypasses the
prober installation routines, in a sense.