Re: client_encoding directive is ignored in

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: client_encoding directive is ignored in
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, can we better document that GUC client_encoding is broken, then fix
> in 7.4?

Actually the problem can be divided into two parts:

1) backend does not process GUC client_encoding.

2) libpq does not ask the backend's client_encoding, instead it asks  datanbase encoding when it starts up the
connection.This is just a  mistake.

I think we could fix 1) without any backward compatibilty problem and
should be applied to both 7.3-STATBLE and current.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Сообщение: Re: Todo "claim": psql tab completion on schema names
Сообщение: Re: Todo "claim": psql tab completion on schema names