Re: [HACKERS] Case tool

От Gene Sokolov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Case tool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk>
> Someone posted this link to a Case tool:
> http://www.ccas.ru/~gurov/ftp/Editors/CASE/Vinsent/
>
> Unfortunately it's in Russian, which I know nothing about, and it
> doesn't seem to have been worked upon since 1997.
>
> I don't know the strength of this tool, as I can't understand the
> description, but can this be the best OSS-contender with no work being
> done for two years?

******* Translation begin ***********
The current version allows for:1 draw tables. including  - restoring previous state  - copying to the local application
buffer - pasting from the buffer  - editing the table field types  - and also some more stuff

2 link fields (constraints)  - FOREIGN KEY  |--> PRIMARY KEY
3 generate SQL file from the given structure  - for Postgres95 (w/out constrains)  - for Informix ( with constraints)
4 there is a request broker using protocol independent of DB 1 for Informix (tested with HP-UX and Informix 7.20) 2 for
PostgreSQL5 generates a visual DB repsentation from a DB.   (except references (takes time))

Plans:3 create new DBs through the broker and fill them with tables4 alter existing tables through broker5 generate GCI
scriptaccording to the struture6 ctreate additional SQL generators for other DBMS7 fix the interface

send all requests & complaints to: mailto:denn@unicorn.micex.ru
/nop abuse please (literally "please don't spit")/
******** translation end ***********

Please no questions to me and no "curtesy copies".