Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade loses all data

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_upgrade loses all data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I have already noted in the Release notes and FAQ that pg_upgrade can
not be used in 6.5.  Let me disable it now.  I forgot to do that, and
your report confirms my fears.

> Release 6.5beta2
>
> I've used pg_upgrade to import data from 6.4.2.
>
> The tables are created correctly, as far as I can see, but the data gets
> lost, so that no tuples are visible in any table I have yet looked at.
> The data is actually present, because I can see it if I use `od -c' on
> a table's file, but select * reports no rows.
>
> Any clues, please?
>

> NB: If this experience is repeated by others, anyone who had not backed up
> his data separately would lose it all (if the tables are not repairable).
>

> --
> Oliver Elphick                                Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk
> Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
>                PGP key from public servers; key ID 32B8FAA1
>      "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the
>       end it leads to death."
>                                         Proverbs 16:25

Pennsylvania19026

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] postgresql-v6.5beta2.tar.gz ...