Re: [HACKERS] update and select

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] update and select
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 07:25:24AM +0000, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> That is correct, and it is on the ToDo list as something like "allow
> subselects in target expressions" (though I'm not finding it when I
> look).

Would be nice to have, yes.

> However, as you suspect you can rephrase it:
>
> tgl=> update x set c = j.c from x as j where j.i = 1 and x.i = 0;

True. But unfortunately that won't help me as I was writing an SQL script to
be run on Oracle later on. :-)

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!