Re: PGUSER and initdb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PGUSER and initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 12/11/19 5:18 AM, Олег Самойлов wrote:
> This utility, like most other PostgreSQL utilities, also uses the environment variables supported by libpq (see
Section33.14).
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/libpq-envars.html
> PGUSER behaves the same as the user connection parameter.
>> This is don't work with `initdb` and `pg_ctl initdb`.

This seems like nonsense to me.  The initdb documentation says perfectly
clearly that the initial superuser's name is set by -U.  It does not
say anything about PGUSER.  I think the reference to libpq in the docs
probably should be taken out, because initdb never uses libpq to make
a connection, so libpq's defaults are not relevant.