Re: subscriptionCheck failures on nightjar

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: subscriptionCheck failures on nightjar
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I was kinda pondering just open coding it.  I am not yet convinced that
> my idea of just using an open FD isn't the least bad approach for the
> issue at hand.  What precisely is the NFS issue you're concerned about?

I'm not sure that fsync-on-FD after the rename will work, considering that
the issue here is that somebody might've unlinked the file altogether
before we get to doing the fsync.  I don't have a hard time believing that
that might result in a failure report on NFS or similar.  Yeah, it's
hypothetical, but the argument that we need a repeat fsync at all seems
equally hypothetical.

> Right now fsync_fname_ext isn't exposed outside fd.c...

Mmm.  That makes it easier to consider changing its API.