Re: Patch: fix pg_dump for inherited defaults & not-null flags

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: fix pg_dump for inherited defaults & not-null flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Although this is a bug fix, it's a nontrivial change in the logic and
>> so I'm hesitant to back-patch into stable branches.  Given the lack of
>> prior complaints, maybe it would be best to leave it unfixed in existing
>> branches?  Not sure.  Thoughts?

> I guess I'd be in favor of back-patching it, if that doesn't look like
> too much of a job.  We shouldn't assume that because only one person
> reports a problem, no one else has been or will be affected.

I don't think it's too much work --- what I'm more worried about is
introducing new bugs.  If I apply it only in HEAD then it will go
through a beta test cycle before anybody relies on it in production.
I *think* the patch is okay, but I've been wrong before.